Advanced Synthetic Diamond Seminar
We know that synthetic diamond identification is important to the gem and jewellery trade. GIA’s new Advanced Synthetic Diamond Seminar will give participants in-depth knowledge of advanced diamond identification techniques, including hands-on experience with current production of synthetic diamonds and the latest detection technology.
This one-day seminar is a combination of lecture and lab that leverages the expertise of a GIA research scientist and the education skills and experience of GIA instructors.
Improve your identification skills by examining a variety of natural and synthetic diamonds.
GIA Diamond CheckTM
The seminar will cover the most important topics related to diamond identification:
- Natural and synthetic diamond formation, diamond defects and their analysis, (including the basic principles of spectroscopy)
- Gemmological properties of chemical vapour deposition (CVD) and high-pressure, high-temperature (HPHT) grown synthetic diamonds
- Post-growth treatment of synthetic diamond
- Analytical instrumentation used by laboratories to identify synthetic diamonds
- Hands-on sample examination of natural and synthetic diamonds
- Hands-on operation of GIA instruments including the GIA iD100TM, GIA Diamond CheckTM and the GIA UV Lamp with Viewing Cabinet
One-day seminar – Two sessions
Monday, January 21, 2019
Tuesday, January 22, 2019
Time: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Fees: INR 7,080 per person (INR 6,000 course fee + 18% GST)
Location: GIA Mumbai Campus, 10th Floor, Trade Centre, Bandra Kurla Complex,
Bandra (East), Mumbai 400 098