Careers at GIA India
We are facing technical issues with the Job Application Form and our team is working on fixing the problem. Request you to send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title : Executive/Senior Executive Purchase
Department: Administration Reports to: Manager – Purchase
Job Role: Responsible for buying the best quality equipment, goods, services etc. Duties also include handling administrative duties relating to purchases including tracking orders, filing, and ensuring records are kept up to date.
Manage purchases as per SOP and ensure timely delivery of Goods & services
- Taking comparative quotes from various vendors
- Making comparative statement of above vendors
- Negotiating for better rates
- Sharing the same with Manager for approval
- Generating Purchase Orders (PO) in Software
- Taking Signature on PO of the concerned authority
- Scanning the PO and sharing the same with vendor & user
- File the hard copies of PO with all concern documents including final quotation & comparison
- Follow up for the material delivery
- Receive the material, doing quality check at the time of receipt of good.
- Handing over the invoices in finance dept. for payment processing
- Sharing payment receipts with vendor & save in concern folder for internal records.
- Track payment process
- Maintain all Catalogues as per the services offered by various vendors
- Support and coordinate with various departments
- Good Vendor Identification, shortlisting and vendor development skills
- Responsible for vender vetting and registration as per the company policies & procedures
- Visiting market for identifying new vendors for local purchases
- Maintain up-to-date records of all suppliers by categories including the following information namely, telephone/facsimile numbers, addresses, contact person, MSME details.
MIS & Report
- Generating & sharing the Weekly report on time.
- Making monthly open PO report
- Preparing pending invoice report
- Maintain Po tracker.
- Graduate in any discipline
- Prefer Diploma in Material / Supply Chain management
- Minimum of 3-6 administrative experience
Description of Success Factors:
- MS Office,
- Software package system
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Highly self-driven
- Time management
- Systematic and organized
- Quick decision making
- Ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization
- Ability to work under tight timelines & pressure
Job Title : Instructor - Gemology
Department: Education Reports to: Director Education
Job Role: Ensure best student experience.
Apart from handling chief responsibility of delivering GIA education, Instructor should assume responsibilities for continuous professional development & take care of additional responsibility assigned by Director.
- Conduct Gemology class as per GIA curriculum
- Conduct classes / seminars assigned as per guidelines
- Prepare regularly & well for classes assigned
- Display effective class management skills
- Create ideal learning environment in class
- Maintain professional standards
- Maintain and foster sensitivity and respect for a culturally diverse classroom environment
- Timely completion of administrative class management responsibilities.
- Counsel students on academic performance & improvement areas
- Address student concerns and attend to them promptly & Effectively.
- Manage student evaluation & student engagement; share recommendation for improvement.
- Proctors tests: receives, corrects, and processes assignments
- Submits required class documents in a timely and complete manner
- Submits final student grades & reports as per schedule
- Manage class setup
- Responsible handling of equipment’s, stones & materials
- Plan diligently for class readiness with timelines
- Participate actively & contribute in Education meetings and events
- Work on identifying new areas of content requirement as per Industry/Student feedback and communicate to Director
- Stay updated with industry trends & share recommendation
- To travel extensively within India and outside to conduct GIA classes
- Manage Off-Campus classes as per guidelines and in close coordination with Operations & Admission office
- Interface with Director & all stakeholders
- Communicates effectively, gets along with co-workers and management, and deals with stakeholders effectively and professionally under pressure
- Ensure updates / professional development on an ongoing basis
- Assume additional responsibility assigned & deliver per needs
- Ensure on-time reporting
- Graduate (Any Discipline)
- Gemology Graduate from GIA.
- Relevant work experience of 1 to 3 years
Description of Success Factors:
- In-depth Knowledge of Diamonds & Gemstones (along-with equipment’s used for identification in classroom environment) a must
- Good understanding of the jewellery industry
- Strong Communication Skill
- Effective Presentation skills
- Student / Class management skills
- Ability to effectively present course material and provide answers and feedback to students
- Ability to demonstrate a command of theory and contemporary knowledge, and continuing study in field
- Ability to effectively interface with staff and students
- Ability to plan & organize
- Ability to create an effective learning environment
Job Title : Senior Network Architect
REPORTS TO (Title): Senior IT Business Relationship Manager, Mumbai – INDIA
JOB OVERVIEW: Responsible for the strategic design and governance of infrastructure standards related to compute, storage, and virtualization for datacenter and remote office infrastructures. Accomplish work with an architectural team which includes Infrastructure Architects, IT leadership, security and infrastructure teams across all levels of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
- Design, test, and inspect data communications systems.
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Lead technical design sessions and author technical design documents in conjunction with IT Roadmap strategies.
- Keeps current on the latest technologies and suggest upgrades and changes to the systems infrastructure.
- Manage the architecture, implementation, and knowledge transfer activities of new architecture and platforms.
- Responsible for providing hands on expert level assistance for escalated issues and mentor GIA IT L3/L4 resources on continuous infra. projects and extend operational support.
- Develop data center capacity planning and forecasting, disaster recovery and business continuity policies and procedures.
- Negotiate with the client community to establish clear Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) for the infrastructure environment.
- Provide weekly, monthly and annual metrics reporting on IT operations status and value.
- Vendor Management responsibility for externally sourced support resources.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Experience in the following inter networking technologies IGP (OSPF/ISIS), MBGP/BGP, Multicast, MPLS, L2VPN (VPLS, EVPN), L3VPN (BGP IP-VPN), STP, L2 switching, TCP/IP, IPv6.
- Have clear views on the market and technology evolution of public cloud network services.
- Experience on HCI platform.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, WAN acceleration, application delivery controllers, and private/hybrid/public cloud technologies.
- Strong industry experience and relationships with routing and switching technology vendors and partners.
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies.
- Provide design guidelines, documentation and standard configuration to the global operations team for implementation.
- Strong computer skills utilizing software such as Microsoft Office Suite, e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and e-mail.
- Ability to maintain and foster sensitivity and respect for a culturally diverse work environment.
- Ability to display supportive behavior and communicate positively regarding department goals and objectives.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of personalities to establish and maintain effective working relationships with global IT Teams.
- Excellent grammar, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and resolve conflict when necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of systems, data center and remote office infrastructure architectural experience.
- Experience with enterprise monitoring and management tools preferred.
- Experience with Data Center migrations a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT (if applicable)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work is performed in a designated professional office workstation and environment.
- Extensive use of office equipment to include computer, calculator, copier, fax, and other business related machines and software.
- Employee may be required, from time to time, to work overtime.
- Reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request, to enable them to perform the essential functions of their job, as required by law.
- GIA provides employees with a safe work environment through the provision of internal safety policies and procedures, safety awareness and training, and appropriate safety equipment as recommended and/or prescribed by governing regulatory agencies. Employee is required to comply with all safety policies, procedures, directives, and/or warnings.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification and it may be changed by management at any time. Other duties may also apply. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. Distribution of this item outside of the Company without an authorized release is a violation of Company policy.
Why Work at GIA?
Working at GIA means you can express your passion for gemstones and make a difference. GIA employs more than 3,000 people around the world. Some are educators who are committed to teaching. The rest are highly skilled professionals representing almost every aspect of the business world. This diverse and highly talented group works as a team to fulfill the Institute's mission to protect the public by setting and maintaining universal standards for gemstone evaluation.
Couldn’t find what you are looking for? Send us your CV at email@example.com and we will revert whenever there’s a suitable opening!
We welcome you to explore your career path in GIA!
• Applicants and new hires are subject to background checks as per the company policy, this will include reference checks, address, education verification, police verification and work history verification.
• GIA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age, disability, or veteran’s status.
• Please review our current available positions. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive daily, we regret that we cannot personally contact every applicant. Candidates whose experience closely matches our qualification requirements will be contacted by GIA's Human Resources department and invited for an interview.
Thank you for your interest.