Careers at GIA India
We are facing technical issues with the Job Application Form and our team is working on fixing the problem. Request you to send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title : Supervisor - Pre/Post Grading (Night Shift)
Department: Pre/Post Grading Level: L6 Reports to: Manager
Job Role: This is the first leadership role, responsible for day-to-day operational production management of assigned pre/post grading team in order to meet production goals (quantity and quality)
- Manage and perform the following and other duties assigned to meet the team’s operational and production goals:
- Manage team’s operational production work flow amongst the different duties performed by team members to meet the daily production goals (quantity and quality) including cross-functional production work coordination (i.e. all pre/post grading job families, coordinating with planning team and grading team on stone distribution plan; IC team to monitor expected intakes, inventory levels and outputs throughout the lab to manage daily production for achieving the lab daily production plan, etc.)
- Manage resources required (i.e. equipment/devices, staff’s work schedules, etc.) to maximize daily productivity and operational efficiency
- Monitor and carry out daily functional work of the team, i.e. time and labor related work, breaks, scheduled and un-scheduled absences, overtime if needed, etc.
- Provide feedback, coach, engage, motivate and support team members on an ongoing basis including setting up individual development plan (IDP) for staff member’s professional development, meeting the team regularly to review team production status and identify any issues or areas for improvement, etc.
- Coordinate and communicate any update from the Lab Management to the team members including any changes or updates in policies and procedures related to lab operations including customer service/service demands or the entire organization
- Initiate and deliver the performance evaluation of the assigned team members including goal setting and writing detailed comments to support the rating given, in accordance with the HR process. (Note to file: managers will review the Performance Review completed by Supervisors before all reviews go for HR review)
- May be required to participate in the hiring process, provide input for progressive discipline; may deliver disciplinary actions with a manager; make recommendations for termination
- May be required to work with the respective departments to ensure that the team’s orientation and training seminars/events arranged from time-to-time in accordance with the work plan; identify areas of improvement/ development for staff and provide appropriate plan or approach the management with a proposed development/training plan if needed
- Be able to resolve non-routine or complex issues by using sound technical and problem solving skills or escalate issues to the appropriate person when necessary
- Build strong collaborative relationships and team environment to deliver the team’s goals (the collaborative relationship extends across all functions of the lab)
- Identify and prioritize key issues, risks and opportunities for the creation of action plans with solutions or proposals for Lab Management’s approval. (i.e. specific device technical issues, process flow issues, client feedback, etc.)
- Practice and improve technical skills required throughout the pre/post grading process in order to lead and enable the team to meet their production targets (quality and quantity)
- Be responsible for the team’s service quality, i.e. monitor data and ensure that the work done by the team members is consistent, accurate and follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Proactively participate in and provide recommendations for improvement of the Lab’s operational processes and systems
- May be required to support global lab activities, i.e. travel to domestic and/or International locations, participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications and remain informed of industry developments
- Perform other duties as needed or per business needs
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5 years as Team Leader required for applying to this position *
- Employee assuming this position must endeavor to continually improve and develop skills required to successfully perform the entrusted duties
Description of Success Factors:
- Accountability: Demonstrate personal initiative, focus and drive for continuous improvement; hold self and team members accountable to meet commitments and delivery goals in a timely manner
- Technical Knowledge: Achieve the necessary position-related technical and professional skills or knowledge to support a proper business decision during the production process. Keep up with current technology and trends in area of expertise in order to perform this leadership role
- Service Mindset: Drive and motivate the team to achieve the production targets; build strong business relationships with team members and cross-functions and deliver customer-centric solutions
- Mentoring Skills: Plan and support the development of team members’ professional knowledge, skills & abilities to build capacity and drive organizational effectiveness. Build strong teams through valuing, leveraging & maximizing diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Drive Engagement: Create a culture where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization
achieve its objectives (sound ability to develop and motivate staff, i.e. strong relationship building skills and engagement with approachable demeanor)
- Drive for Results: Set clear goals for personal and group accomplishment and use measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals, i.e. creating and identifying metrics as effective tools to manage the communication and staff/team performance. Maintain a focus on continuous improvement and staff development by providing constructive feedback.
- Decision quality/problem solving skills: Sound ability to identify the root causes of the specific problems occurred during the production process and use data for further analyzing and quantifying the issues in order to making appropriate, timely decisions and sound resolutions or propose solutions to the management if needed
- Communication Skills: Develop and deliver multi-mode communication that conveys a clear understanding of the specific needs of team members or other audiences; clear and concise verbal and written communication delivered with confidence and the style of the receiver in mind
- Collaboration skills: Ability to work with good coordination and teamwork with all levels (up/down and lateral); develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of team’s work goals. Gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, transparency and authenticity
- Ability to manage conflict and resolve it harmoniously and productively to minimize impact and maximize outcomes; ability to express opposing views in a non-confrontational manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Spectrum, Searchlight and BI
- Time management skills: Approach work in an organized and systematic manner; plan team’s work and time effectively to manage conflicting or shifting priorities and achieve team’s goals in alignment with department and organization
Job Title : Instructor - Gemology
Department: Education Reports to: Director Education
Job Role: Ensure best student experience.
Apart from handling chief responsibility of delivering GIA education, Instructor should assume responsibilities for continuous professional development & take care of additional responsibility assigned by Director.
- Conduct Gemology class as per GIA curriculum
- Conduct classes / seminars assigned as per guidelines
- Prepare regularly & well for classes assigned
- Display effective class management skills
- Create ideal learning environment in class
- Maintain professional standards
- Maintain and foster sensitivity and respect for a culturally diverse classroom environment
- Timely completion of administrative class management responsibilities.
- Counsel students on academic performance & improvement areas
- Address student concerns and attend to them promptly & Effectively.
- Manage student evaluation & student engagement; share recommendation for improvement.
- Proctors tests: receives, corrects, and processes assignments
- Submits required class documents in a timely and complete manner
- Submits final student grades & reports as per schedule
- Manage class setup
- Responsible handling of equipment’s, stones & materials
- Plan diligently for class readiness with timelines
- Participate actively & contribute in Education meetings and events
- Work on identifying new areas of content requirement as per Industry/Student feedback and communicate to Director
- Stay updated with industry trends & share recommendation
- To travel extensively within India and outside to conduct GIA classes
- Manage Off-Campus classes as per guidelines and in close coordination with Operations & Admission office
- Interface with Director & all stakeholders
- Communicates effectively, gets along with co-workers and management, and deals with stakeholders effectively and professionally under pressure
- Ensure updates / professional development on an ongoing basis
- Assume additional responsibility assigned & deliver per needs
- Ensure on-time reporting
- Graduate (Any Discipline)
- Gemology Graduate from GIA.
- Relevant work experience of 1 to 3 years
Description of Success Factors:
- In-depth Knowledge of Diamonds & Gemstones (along-with equipment’s used for identification in classroom environment) a must
- Good understanding of the jewellery industry
- Strong Communication Skill
- Effective Presentation skills
- Student / Class management skills
- Ability to effectively present course material and provide answers and feedback to students
- Ability to demonstrate a command of theory and contemporary knowledge, and continuing study in field
- Ability to effectively interface with staff and students
- Ability to plan & organize
- Ability to create an effective learning environment
Job Title : Senior Network Architect
REPORTS TO (Title): Senior IT Business Relationship Manager, Mumbai – INDIA
JOB OVERVIEW: Responsible for the strategic design and governance of infrastructure standards related to compute, storage, and virtualization for datacenter and remote office infrastructures. Accomplish work with an architectural team which includes Infrastructure Architects, IT leadership, security and infrastructure teams across all levels of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
- Design, test, and inspect data communications systems.
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Lead technical design sessions and author technical design documents in conjunction with IT Roadmap strategies.
- Keeps current on the latest technologies and suggest upgrades and changes to the systems infrastructure.
- Manage the architecture, implementation, and knowledge transfer activities of new architecture and platforms.
- Responsible for providing hands on expert level assistance for escalated issues and mentor GIA IT L3/L4 resources on continuous infra. projects and extend operational support.
- Develop data center capacity planning and forecasting, disaster recovery and business continuity policies and procedures.
- Negotiate with the client community to establish clear Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) for the infrastructure environment.
- Provide weekly, monthly and annual metrics reporting on IT operations status and value.
- Vendor Management responsibility for externally sourced support resources.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Experience in the following inter networking technologies IGP (OSPF/ISIS), MBGP/BGP, Multicast, MPLS, L2VPN (VPLS, EVPN), L3VPN (BGP IP-VPN), STP, L2 switching, TCP/IP, IPv6.
- Have clear views on the market and technology evolution of public cloud network services.
- Experience on HCI platform.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, WAN acceleration, application delivery controllers, and private/hybrid/public cloud technologies.
- Strong industry experience and relationships with routing and switching technology vendors and partners.
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies.
- Provide design guidelines, documentation and standard configuration to the global operations team for implementation.
- Strong computer skills utilizing software such as Microsoft Office Suite, e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and e-mail.
- Ability to maintain and foster sensitivity and respect for a culturally diverse work environment.
- Ability to display supportive behavior and communicate positively regarding department goals and objectives.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of personalities to establish and maintain effective working relationships with global IT Teams.
- Excellent grammar, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and resolve conflict when necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of systems, data center and remote office infrastructure architectural experience.
- Experience with enterprise monitoring and management tools preferred.
- Experience with Data Center migrations a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT (if applicable)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work is performed in a designated professional office workstation and environment.
- Extensive use of office equipment to include computer, calculator, copier, fax, and other business related machines and software.
- Employee may be required, from time to time, to work overtime.
- Reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request, to enable them to perform the essential functions of their job, as required by law.
- GIA provides employees with a safe work environment through the provision of internal safety policies and procedures, safety awareness and training, and appropriate safety equipment as recommended and/or prescribed by governing regulatory agencies. Employee is required to comply with all safety policies, procedures, directives, and/or warnings.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification and it may be changed by management at any time. Other duties may also apply. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. Distribution of this item outside of the Company without an authorized release is a violation of Company policy.
Why Work at GIA?
Working at GIA means you can express your passion for gemstones and make a difference. GIA employs more than 3,000 people around the world. Some are educators who are committed to teaching. The rest are highly skilled professionals representing almost every aspect of the business world. This diverse and highly talented group works as a team to fulfill the Institute's mission to protect the public by setting and maintaining universal standards for gemstone evaluation.
Couldn’t find what you are looking for? Send us your CV at email@example.com and we will revert whenever there’s a suitable opening!
We welcome you to explore your career path in GIA!
• Applicants and new hires are subject to background checks as per the company policy, this will include reference checks, address, education verification, police verification and work history verification.
• GIA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age, disability, or veteran’s status.
• Please review our current available positions. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive daily, we regret that we cannot personally contact every applicant. Candidates whose experience closely matches our qualification requirements will be contacted by GIA's Human Resources department and invited for an interview.
Thank you for your interest.