Accreditation & Affiliation
Programme Calendar & Fees
At the very soul of the jewellery industry lies the designer who sees ideas come alive and become real. GIA's Jewelry Design course teaches you how to take your great ideas and illustrate them just like professional designers. In just nine weeks, have the creative and technical skills you need to begin your career as a custom jewellery designer. Also, have a portfolio of your work to show prospective employers and clients.
- Understand jewellery design concepts
- Acquire a working knowledge of jewellery artistry
- Develop skills to illustrate the shape, form, and texture of metal
- Lean to work with drafting tools
- Learn to render yellow and white metals, as well as a range of faceted and cabochon gemstones and pearls
- Learn to illustrate rings in five different views
- Discover how to keep your design ideas flowing
Ideally Suited For
- Jewellery Designer
- Jewellery Manufacturers
- Any individual aspiring for a career in the gems and jewellery Industry
“My experience at GIA was by far the best experience without a shadow of doubt. With the best faculty to guide me and the exposure I received, job opportunities became a lot easier. After completing the Jewelry Design course at GIA, I am using the strokes of my paintbrush to colour the industry."