Careers at GIA India
Job Title : Laboratory Trainee
Department: Laboratory GradingReports to: Team Leader
Job Role: Responsible for the initial examination of diamonds submitted to the GIA India Laboratory for Diamond Grading Reports
- Accurately identifies and documents clarity characteristics on a plot diagram.
- Assigning polish, symmetry, clarity and color grades within the GIA Diamond Grading System.
- May participate in color grading and special projects.
- To identify the issues / problems affecting work in meeting the daily target requirement.
- Communicates effectively, gets along with coworkers and management, and deals with others effectively and professionally under pressure.
- Staying within timelines and deadlines for completion dates for projects.
Education: 12th Standard Pass
Description of Success Factors:
- Knowledge: Knowledge of MS Office
- Moderate proficiency in written and verbal English comprehension and communication
- High level of initiative and assertiveness
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Focuses attention on detail and consistency to meet client’s requirements.
- Ability to plan and organize
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Willingness to work under pressure
- Results oriented and self-motivated
- Having sense of responsibility and integrity
Why Work at GIA?
Working at GIA means you can express your passion for gemstones and make a difference. GIA employs more than 3,000 people around the world. Some are educators who are committed to teaching. The rest are highly skilled professionals representing almost every aspect of the business world. This diverse and highly talented group works as a team to fulfill the Institute's mission to protect the public by setting and maintaining universal standards for gemstone evaluation.
Couldn’t find what you are looking for? Send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will revert whenever there’s a suitable opening!
We welcome you to explore your career path in GIA!
• Applicants and new hires are subject to background checks as per the company policy, this will include reference checks, address, education verification, police verification and work history verification.
• GIA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age, disability, or veteran’s status.
• Please review our current available positions. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive daily, we regret that we cannot personally contact every applicant. Candidates whose experience closely matches our qualification requirements will be contacted by GIA's Human Resources department and invited for an interview.
Thank you for your interest.