Accreditation & Affiliation
Programme Calendar & Fees
SWIFT JEWELLERY DESIGN
Somewhere between inspiration and reality, the whole world of jewellery gets created. This is where you learn to take imagination and transform it into a treasure.
As part of GIA’s SWIFT Jewellery Design programme, you will learn the basic principles of design and composition. Understand the role of a jewellery designer. Learn the type of settings and representation techniques. Gain the understanding that goes behind designing collections.
- Draw basic shapes - freehand and with stencils
- Render diamonds, coloured stones, and metal forms with colour pencils
- Learn basic counter-sketching of rings, earrings, pendants, necklaces, and bangles
- Get insights into manufacturing and pricing of designs
- Learn mood board, theme board, word board, and rendered jewellery pieces
Ideally Suited For
- Entrepreneur wishing to build their jewellery business
- Jewellery manufacturer
- Any individual aspiring for a career in the gems and jewellery industry
“Jewellery is a passion and studying at GIA has helped me take this passion forward. The techniques and knowledge learnt at GIA, has helped me build my own business in Kolkata. I love creating designs that are unconventional and 3-Dimensional. My pieces highlight femininity and elegance of the wearer.”