Earn a professional credential from the convenience of any location that you choose
Acquire a professional skill quickly and efficiently by learning the fundamentals of jewellery design from the convenience of your home.
Somewhere between inspiration and reality, the whole world of jewellery gets created. This is where you learn to take imagination and transform it into a treasure.
As part of GIA’s SWIFT Jewellery Design Course, you will not only learn the basic principles of design and composition, but also learn the type of settings and representation techniques. For the role of a jewellery designer, you will gain an understanding that goes behind designing collections and qualify yourself to counter sketch after completing this programme.
|Learning Mode||Remote Learning|
|Daily Session Duration||3.5 Hours|
Morning: 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Afternoon: 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- The session will be delivered through instructor-led video lessons on Zoom
- Students are required to set up the following infrastructure before the commencement of the course:
- Laptop/tab/desktop with stable internet connection
- Work table with proper lighting
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Draw basic shapes – Freehand and with stencils
- Render diamonds, coloured stones and metal forms with colour pencils
- Learn basic counter sketching of rings, earrings, pendants, necklaces and bangles
- Get insights into manufacturing and pricing of designs
- Learn about mood board, theme board, word board and rendered jewellery pieces
POSSIBLE CAREER PATHS
- Sales Associate
- Jewellery Business Owner
- Jewellery manufacturer
Established in 1931, GIA protects the public through gemmological research, education, impartial gem identification and grading services, and instrument development. The world’s foremost authority in gemmology and creator of the 4Cs, GIA sets the standard for determining the quality of diamonds and performs research-based identification of coloured gems and pearls. All of GIA's activities are governed by its mission to serve the public. Learn more.