Website Privacy Notice
GIA India Laboratory Private Limited (Laboratory) (“we,” “us,” “our”) respect your privacy. GIA India Laboratory Private Limited provides this website Privacy Notice (“Notice”) to describe how we collect, use, disclose, or otherwise process the data, including personal data, that we collect about you through our website, https://www.giaindia.in/ and our other websites on which this Notice is posted (collectively, the “Sites”), our mobile application(s) (the “App(s)”), offline (such as at tradeshows or at GIA India Laboratory Private Limited locations), and the services available through our Sites, App, and offline (collectively, the Sites, the App, and GIA India Laboratory Private Limited services offered offline are referred to as our “Services”). We collect data directly from you, automatically as you use our Services, from vendors, and from other individuals, as set forth below.
GIA India Laboratory Private Limited is the Data Controller for data submitted through our Services at the addresses set forth below.
GIA India Laboratory Private Limited (Laboratory)
10th Floor, Trade Centre
Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East
Mumbai, 400 051 India
Swastik Universal, 2nd, 3rd & 4th Floors
F.P. No. 10/11, RS No. 15/1A, 9/2
Gujarat 395 007
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect information, including personal data, about you directly from you, from vendors, other parties, and automatically through your use of our Services. We combine the information we collect from these various sources. The type of personal data that we collect from you varies based on your particular interaction with our Services as set out below.
- Account and Registration: Your full name, email address, home and mailing address, telephone number, mobile number, and, where applicable, payment information. You may also provide additional, required, or voluntary information, where relevant. We also collect information in accordance with our Know Your Customer and Due Diligence Program.
- Communications: When you communicate with us, provide information through our surveys, in the context of a trade show, or otherwise, for example, if you participate in one of our seminars.
Purchase Items from Our Store: Your full name, contact information, items purchased, billing and shipping information, and payment data. You may also provide additional required or voluntary information, where
- Your Usage of Our Services: Your submission history, inquiries that you submit to us, records of purchases, and other interactions with us.
- At Trade Shows and Other Events: We collect information from or about you at trade shows and other events, including at trade shows or other events that we may host or at booths that we may operate. We take photographs and film video at many of our events and use the photographs and videos to share information about our events on social media and other platforms and generally promote our products and services. Accordingly, when you attend our events, your likeness and image may be contained within these photos and videos.
- User Content: You may post to the blogs and forums available within our Services. Any information that you post to a publicly facing blog or forum may be viewable by any other visitor to our Sites or App. We are not responsible for the privacy of any information that you choose to post to our Sites or App, or for the accuracy of any information contained in those postings. We cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Notice, the law or your personal privacy.
3.INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
- Analytics: Using service providers, we compile and analyze information derived from the use of our Services, such as aggregate usage patterns, user preferences, and other usage information.
4.OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information, including your personal data, for the following purposes:
- Providing and Improving Our Services: To provide you with our Services, to improve our Services to enhance your experience using the Services, to respond to your inquiries, to develop new features, products, or services; to authenticate you; to perform technical operations, such as updating software; as well as for other customer service and support purposes;
- Marketing and Similar Communications: For marketing and advertising purposes, such as, to the extent permitted by applicable law, to send you emails and SMS about products, services, and events that we believe would be of interest to you; to send our newsletter to you;
- To Solicit Donations;
- Personalizing Content and Ads: To assist us in determining relevant advertising (i) on our Sites and App; (ii) on websites that do not belong to us and mobile applications; and (iii) through other media;
- Research and Analytics: To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and on an individualized basis, including monitoring, evaluating, and analyzing which features and portions of our Site and our Apps are most popular, for troubleshooting, for statistical purposes including identifying geographic regions of visitors to our Services, evaluating frequently asked questions from visitors, and for other statistical purposes;
- Protecting Rights and Interests: To protect the safety, rights, property, or security of GIA India Laboratory Private Limited, the Services, any service provider, or the general public; to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; to prevent or stop activity that we consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity; to use as evidence in litigation; and to enforce this Notice; and
- Legal Compliance: To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; to respond to a summons, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a governmental authority.
GIA India Laboratory Private Limited may also enhance or merge your personal data with the data that we obtained from the analytics providers referenced above. We will use this information to assist us in our marketing efforts and for the purposes described in this Notice.
5. DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties for their own marketing purposes. We will, however, disclose your information, including personal data, to entities as described below:
- Service Providers: We disclose your personal data to our service providers, contractors, professional advisors, agents, or others who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers include vendors who assist us with sending out email correspondence, SMS messages, payment processors, and other providers consistent with completing your request to GIA India Laboratory Private Limited.
- Social Networking Companies: We disclose your email address to Facebook to assist us in determining relevant advertising on Facebook and through other media. See Online Advertising below.
- Other Users: As stated above, you may choose to submit information on a blog or in a forum. Any information that you submit will be available to other users of our Services.
- General Business Operations: We disclose personal data where necessary to the administration of our general business, accounting, record keeping and legal functions, to our tax advisors, legal counsel and other professional services entities or agents.
- Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merge with another entity, if some or all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the acquiring entity. We also may transfer certain of your personal information to another company in the course of evaluating a prospective transfer, where permitted by law.
- In Response to Legal Process: We disclose your personal data to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as in response to a summons or warrant.
- To Protect Us and Others: We disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety rights, property, or security of GIA India Laboratory Private Limited, the Services, or of any person or violations of our Terms of Service or this Notice.
- Other Third Parties: We may share your information with other third parties as permitted by law, including for marketing purposes or to respond to your customer service inquiries.
- Aggregate and Anonymized Information: We may share aggregate or anonymized information about use of the Services with service providers for marketing, advertising, research, analytics or other similar purposes. We also may publish reports in the aggregate about usage trends of our Services.
6.COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies. Cookies allow a web server to transfer data to a computer for record keeping and other purposes. We and our service providers use “cookies” on our Sites and similar devices designed for mobile applications, to, among other things, better serve you with tailored information and facilitate your ongoing access to and use of the Site. There are two types of cookies: session-based and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged in to the Site (and the Apps). This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Sites and App.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, which may be combined with other user information.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Sites who disable their web browsers’ ability to accept cookies will be able to browse the Sites; however, certain site features, such as the shopping cart or the ability to find the location of a lab, may not function if you disable cookies.
Local Storage Objects. We may use Flash LSOs in order to store your Site preferences and to support individual applications. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. In addition, you cannot control, delete or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash cookies, go to the
Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose “Website Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Other Technologies. Our service providers use web beacons in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, identify when our emails are viewed and track whether our emails are forwarded.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them,
7. ONLINE ADVERTISING
To display more relevant advertising on our Services, to manage our advertising on non-affiliated sites, mobile apps, and online services, and to measure and improve our ads and marketing efforts, we work with Facebook, Google and other non-affiliated ad companies, ad exchanges, channel partners, measurement services and ad networks.
You can also learn more about online advertising here at and opt out of interest-based advertising from many participating ad companies at the ad industry websites, including:
Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings. For more information about how to change these settings for Apple, Android or Windows devices, see:
- Apple: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4228
- Android: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/
- Windows: http://choice.microsoft.com/en-US/opt-out
Please note that opting out of advertising network services does not mean that you will not receive any advertising while using our Services or other services, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from non-affiliated parties that do not participate in these programs.
Custom Audiences and Matching. We may disclose certain information (such as your email address) with non-affiliated parties such as Facebook (more information on Facebook Custom Audience here or see above) so that we can better target ads and content to you, and others with similar interests on these non-affiliated parties’ platforms or networks (“Custom Audiences”). We may also work with ad networks and marketing platforms that enable us and other participants to target ads to Custom Audiences submitted by us and others. To opt out of being included in our Custom Audiences going forward, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional opt-out options, visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page at https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 or control the use of device identifiers by using your device’s settings.
Do Not Track. Your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” settings or functionality. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “Do Not Track” requests. However, you may disable certain tracking on our Sites, as discussed above (e.g., by disabling cookies), and you may opt out of certain ad networks as described in this Notice. For more information about Do Not Track signals, please click here.
8. MARKETING CHOICES
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we periodically send you electronic communications about our various products, services, or newsletters via email or in selected markets also via SMS. You may opt out of the receipt of marketing communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” options, by sending an opt-out request to email@example.com, or where applicable, texting us STOP at the number you received the SMS. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, please note that we may still send you email regarding your account, or for any Services you have requested or received from us (e.g., to notify you about the status of a purchase that you have made with us).
10. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect personal data from minors. If we become aware that a minor has submitted personal data to us through the Services, we will take reasonable steps to delete such personal data.
We have taken steps to help protect the personal data we collect. However, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your device and account by, among other things, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your login and password private.
12. SPECIAL NOTICE FOR VISITORS TO GIA INDIA LABORATORY PRIVATE LIMITED
You may apply for employment at GIA India Laboratory Private Limited through our website. If you submit an application for employment online, will request the following minimum information on the job application form: full name, email, mobile number, gender, date of birth, nationality (i.e., resident/non-resident of India), country, qualification (i.e., degree), years of experience, resume (file upload), source (i.e., how you learned of the job opportunity). Your information will be used for the purposes of processing your employment application, for any legal purposes (including to protect our rights and interest and the rights and interests of others), and as described during the application process.
13. TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Depending upon your particular interaction with us, your personal data may be transferred, accessed, stored and otherwise processed by us, other third parties, or service providers for the purposes described above, and subject to requests from law enforcement (including courts and tribunals in accordance with laws applicable in those jurisdictions), in jurisdictions outside of your home jurisdiction, including the United States and India, and may not provide an equivalent level of data protection as your home jurisdiction. GIA India Laboratory Private Limited takes steps to protect personal data, including, where required by law, through appropriate written data processing terms and/or data transfer agreements, for example, by signing relevant EU standard contractual clauses as approved by the European Commission (the form for these clauses can be found here). Subject to applicable law, you have the right to obtain details about the mechanism under which your personal data is transferred cross-border. For more information about these transfer mechanisms, please contact us as set out in the “Contact” section below.
14. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR EEA INDIVIDUALS OR WHERE APPLICABLE AND REQUIRED BY THE LAWS OF YOUR JURISDICTION
To the extent the GDPR or other law granting particular rights to data subjects applies to you, you have the following rights with regard to our processing of your personal data:
Right to Access, Correct and Delete Your Personal Data: GIA India Laboratory Private Limited will use reasonable measures designed to ensure that all personal data is accurate and up to date. You also have a responsibility to ensure that changes in personal circumstances (e.g., change of address, bank account, etc.) are notified to GIA India Laboratory Private Limited so that we can ensure that your personal data is up to date.
You have the right to request access to any of your personal data that GIA India Laboratory Private Limited may hold and to request correction of any inaccurate personal data relating to you. You furthermore have the right to request deletion of personal data we hold about you.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: In the event your personal data is processed on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time with effect for the future.
- Data Portability: To the extent that we use your personal data on the basis of consent for the performance of a contract and that personal data is processed by automatic means, you have the right to receive all such personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and also to require us to transmit it to another data controller where this is technically feasible.
- Right to Restrict Personal Data Use and Right to Object: You have the right to restrict our use of your personal data where (i) you contest the accuracy of the personal data; (ii) the use is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the personal data; (iii) we no longer need the personal data for the relevant purposes, but you require it for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to our personal data use justified on our legitimate interests pending verification as to whether GIA India Laboratory Private Limited has indeed compelling interests to continue the relevant personal data use.
- Lodge a Complaint: You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in your country of residence, if you consider that the collection and use of your personal data violates this Notice or applicable law.
Legal Bases We Rely on When Processing Your Personal Data
Where EU data protection law applies, and where applicable under other data protection laws, we process your personal data for the purposes set out in Appendix A, under the following legal bases:
- Our Contract With You: Our processing is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract with you or to perform steps requested by you prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g., to verify the information you have provided to us).
- Our Legitimate Interests: Our processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, including to protect the security of our services; to protect the health and safety of you or others; to establish, protect and defend our legal rights and interests; to prevent fraud and verify identity and authorization of clients; to understand and analyze usage trends; and to improve our products and services.
- Legal Compliance: Where our processing is required to comply with applicable law (e.g., to maintain your payment transaction history for tax reporting purposes; in response to summons, court orders and other lawful requests by regulators, courts and law enforcement agencies; or related to national security requests).
- Your Consent: When we have your express consent as defined by applicable law.
15. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
GIA India Laboratory Private Limited reserves the right to modify this Notice as it deems appropriate from time to time. If we make a material change to the Notice, you will be provided with appropriate notice, in accordance with applicable legal requirements, for example via email or prominent notice on our Sites. You may find the most current version of the Notice by visiting the Sites. Your continued use of our Sites will be subject to the then-current Notice.
If you would like to contact us regarding our privacy practices or to exercise your rights, please contact us at:
One of the mailing addresses set forth above in this notice or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Appendix A: Our Purposes and Legal Bases for Processing Personal Data of Individuals Located in the European Union and Where Applicable Under Other Data Protection Law
|Our Processing Purpose(s)||Our Legal Bases in the EU and Where Applicable Under Other Data Protection Laws|
Providing Support and Services
Communicate with You
Personalize Services and Ads
Marketing and Promotions
Protect Legal Rights and Prevent Misuse
General Business Operations