- 20 Jun
- Job Description:
- As an integral member of planning team, the MIS Analyst is responsible for the design,development, implementation and support of mission-critical enterprise Business Intelligence (BI) reports, Excel Reports, and other tools working with cross-functional teams.
- MIS Analyst needs to document reporting requirements to meet business needs.
- Using skills and experience as a MIS Analyst, will need to design, develop, test and implement reports and dashboards that utilize the underlying data store(s)/ data warehouse(s) / data mart(s).
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather required reporting and dashboard
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required reports and dashboards, created from potentially multiple data sources
- Participate with other specialist to convert legacy reports to BI solutions or central reporting system.
- Transition developed reports and dashboards to the Operations & Support team.
- Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of developed reports and dashboards for all users.
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
- Provide training and assistance to users for generation of Ad hoc reports.
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes.
- Must be able to perform duties with moderate to low supervision.
- Timeline and accuracy of reports to be maintained all the time.
- 3+ years’ experience developing and implementing enterprise-scale reports and
dashboards, including :
- Strong in writing language SQL queries.
- Proficient with MS Office Applications like Excel, Access etc. and being able to design
reports and tools with VBA macros.
- Extensive experience with data warehouse implementations
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts (relational and dimensional)
- Performance tuning experience related to reporting queries required
- Understanding of data integration issues (validation and cleaning), familiarity with
complex data and structures
- Excellent interpersonal ( verbal and written) communication skills are required to support
working in project environments that includes internal, external and customer teams
- Requires strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Programming / scripting experience and knowledge of software development life cycle is
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Requires leadership qualities to mentor junior members of the team.
Equivalent combination of experience in related field, education and training will be considered
About the Author
- Trade Shows
- Industry Events
- Industry Outreach
- GIA Knowledge Seminars
- GIA Jewellery Career Fair
- Trade Education Seminars
- Retail Sales Associate Training
- Consumer Education Seminars
- Consumer Connect