GIA Melee Analysis Service
To address concerns about laboratory-grown and treated diamonds being mixed into parcels of melee, GIA has developed an automated system to analyze and sort melee-size diamonds quickly and accurately.
The GIA Melee Analysis Service separates natural diamonds from simulants, laboratory-grown and potentially HPHT treated natural diamonds for round and fancy-shaped melee. For round melee only, the screened diamonds can be sorted by color range for an additional charge. Clients can also specify a size range for their round melee parcel. Once sorted, the melee will be sealed in secure packaging for shipment back to the submitting client.
Now you can know with confidence that the diamonds in your supply chain are natural.
- Separates natural diamonds from simulants, laboratory-grown and potentially HPHT treated natural diamonds for round and fancy-shaped melee
- Option available for round melee diamonds after screening to sort by color range for an additional charge
- Screens 1,800 to 2,000 stones per hour
- Secure packaging
- Melee 0.9 to 4.0mm (approx. 0.005 to 0.25 ct.)
- D-to-Z diamonds
- Items must be thoroughly cleaned prior to submission
Each result type will be delivered in a separate, secure package:
- Outside of Service Criteria – The contents of this package are either outside requested of the sorting diameter range or outside of the submission criteria.
- Simulant – The contents of this package have been determined to not be diamond and are simulants.
- Laboratory-Grown – The contents of this package have been identified as laboratory-grown diamonds.
- HPHT Treated Natural – The contents of this package have been identified as HPHT treated natural diamonds.
- Round Natural – The contents of this package have been identified as round natural diamonds.
- Fancy-Shaped Natural – The contents of this package have been identified as fancy-shaped natural diamonds.
- Color Sorting Options for round diamonds
- D-to-F, G-to-H, I-to-J, K-to-Z*
- D-to-G, H-to-I, J-to-K, L-to-Z
- D-to-F, G-to-I, J-to-L, M-to-Z
- No Color Sorting
*If no color sorting option is selected, this option will be used.