ABOUT GIA WORLDWIDE
- Established in 1931, GIA is considered the world’s foremost authority in gemmology. Present in 13 countries, with 10 campuses, 4 research centres and 9 laboratories analyzing some of the world’s most notable gems.
- GIA is a nonprofit institute dedicated to continuous education and research in the field of gems and jewellery.
- GIA’s mission is to ensure public trust in gems and jewellery by upholding the highest standards of integrity, academics, science and professionalism.
- GIA created global standards to accurately determine diamond quality (4Cs – Colour, Clarity, Cut and Carat Weight), coloured stones and pearls (GIA’s 7 Pearl Value Factors™ – Size, Shape, Colour, Lustre, Surface Quality, Nacre Quality and Matching).
GIA MELEE ANALYSIS SERVICE FOR DIAMONDS
The fully-automated GIA Melee Analysis Service will separate natural diamonds from simulants and potentially synthetic or treated diamonds and sorts by colour range. Once sorted, the melee will be sealed in secure packaging for shipment back to the submitting client.
- Melee 0.9 to 4.0mm (approx. 0.005 to 0.25 ct.)
- D-to-Z diamonds
- Round shape only
- Minimum submission quantity - 500 stones per parcel
- Items must be thoroughly cleaned prior to submission
- Separates natural diamonds from simulants and potentially synthetic or treated diamonds
- Sorts by colour range
- Screens 1,800 to 2,000 stones per hour
- Client can specify size range for parcel
Fees range from 3.00 to 26.00 INR per stone*
*All stones outside service criteria will be charged 13.00 INR. Fees subject to change without notice.