- 05 Apr
Department: Maintenance Reports to: Manager
Job Role: Responsible for preventive and corrective maintenance of the instruments
- Preventative and corrective maintenance of the instrument i.e. Respond to breakdown calls from production area
- Adherence to maintenance schedule i.e. Perform daily calibration tasks in collaboration with team leads and maintenance team manager
- Inspection and analysis of instrument performance, take accountability for resolving problems to resolution
- Understating the problem and quick resolution of the same to any equipment.
- Develop strategies to improve the maintenance schedule and process.
- Coordination with user areas/ other support teams to provide assistance to operational team
- Troubleshooting and repair of laboratory equipment
- Help promote culture of following standard work in production.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Electronics and communication/Electrical) preferred, Master’s in Laser and optics preferred, qualifications related to laser experience preferred, optical and spectroscopy experience preferred, experience with non-contact measurement devices preferred
- Experience of 1-2 years with Laser, optics and or optical instrument, spectroscopy, non-contact measurement devices
- Lean experience is a plus.
Description of Success Factors:
- Good Understanding of Engineering terminology /analytical equipment and maintenance procedures
- Strong analytical skills,
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Good listening skills
- Ability to work with others in close manner
- Ability to develop methods for analysis and conduct maintenance of devices and instrumentation,
- Ability to adhere to project and task schedules
About the Author
- Trade Shows
- Industry Events
- Industry Outreach
- GIA Knowledge Seminars
- GIA Jewellery Career Fair
- Trade Education Seminars
- Retail Sales Associate Training
- Consumer Education Seminars
- Consumer Connect