What Will You Learn
- Learning rendering for yellow and white metals, as well as faceted and cabochon gemstones and pearls
- Illustrating rings and other pieces of jewellery
- Learning about sources for jewellery design inspiration and developing motifs to create jewellery objects
- Rendering jewellery designs using drafting tools for display as a participant in the final class design exhibition
- Creating a portfolio of class projects and custom designs that is ready for presentation to potential clients and employers.
Possible Career Paths
Jewellery Business Owner
Frequently Asked Question
DesignLearn theory and techniques to inspire your jewelry designs.
Creative ProcessExplore your creative side through real-world jewelry design scenarios.
Technical DrawingLay out designs accurately and to scale.
Rendering Metal And GemstonesUse watercolor and shading to bring your illustrations to life.
Established in 1931, GIA protects the public through gemmological research, education, impartial gem identification and grading services, and instrument development. The world’s foremost authority in gemmology and creator of the 4Cs, GIA sets the standard for determining the quality of diamonds and performs research-based identification of coloured gems and pearls. All of GIA's activities are governed by its mission to serve the public Learn More