ABOUT GIA WORLDWIDE
- Established in 1931, GIA is considered the world’s foremost authority in gemmology. Present in 13 countries, with 10 campuses, 4 research centres and 9 laboratories analysing some of the world’s most notable gems.
- GIA is a nonprofit institute dedicated to continuous education and research in the field of gems and jewellery.
- GIA’s mission is to ensure public trust in gems and jewellery by upholding the highest standards of integrity, academics, science and professionalism.
- GIA created global standards to accurately determine diamond quality (4Cs – Color, Clarity, Cut and Carat Weight), coloured stones and pearls (GIA’s 7 Pearl Value FactorsTM – Size, Shape, Colour, Lustre, Surface Quality, Nacre Quality and Matching).
IDENTIFYING SYNTHETIC DIAMONDS SEMINAR
The Identifying Synthetic Diamonds Seminar (ISDS) provides an overview of synthetic diamonds, touching upon the most common synthetic growing methods, latest developments and identification characteristics of natural vs synthetic diamonds.
ISDS is available in 3 modules – 1 hour session, 2-hour session and 2-hour + Lab session, ideal for members of the gem and jewellery industry.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Learn about synthetics, their formation and development over time
- Understand the different types of diamonds and synthetic diamonds
- Learn about characteristic features of synthetic vs natural
- Learn about instruments for identifying synthetic diamonds
- Train with samples in Lab session to understand each process’s characteristics