Accreditation & Affiliation
Programme Calendar & Fees
GRADUATE GEMOLOGIST (GRADUATE DIAMONDS + GRADUATE COLORED STONES)
Earn the most prestigious credential in the industry. GIA’s Graduate Gemologist Diploma Programme gives you comprehensive knowledge of diamonds and coloured stones you need to succeed anywhere in the jewellery business. You will gain both technical expertise and practical skills to evaluate diamonds by the GIA 4Cs (Colour, Clarity, Cut, and Carat Weight) and the GIA International Diamond Grading System™, and to identify and evaluate common and unusual gemstones.
The programme consists of two diploma programmes (Graduate Diamonds and Graduate Colored Stones).
- Develop in-depth, hands-on experience with the GIA International Diamond Grading System™ and the 4Cs (color, clarity, cut and carat weight)
- Grade diamonds in the D-to-Z color range
- Build a knowledge base about coloured stones and the coloured stone market
- Use gemmological equipment effectively to identify gemstones
- Use the GIA Colored Stone Grading System to evaluate gemstone quality
- Identify gemstone characteristics, simulants and treatments, and recognise when advanced testing is required
- Understand how gems are mined, fashioned and brought to the marketplace
- Recognise how quality, rarity and colour affect value
- Determine how market factors affect gem value
Ideally Suited For
- Diamond Manufacturer
- Jewellery Manufacturer
- Loose Diamond / Coloured Stone Buyer and Seller
- Jewellery Retailer and Wholesaler
- Lab and Research Professional
- Any individual aspiring for a career in the gem and jewellery industry
Training at GIA has helped me understand my business and customers better. It has given me the confidence to handle customer queries, make more informed buying and selling decisions. Overall, it has helped me increase my customer satisfaction and trust level.