What Will You Learn
- Develop hands-on experience with the GIA International Diamond Grading SystemTM and the 4Cs (Color, Clarity, Cut, and Carat Weight), and explore how they affect diamond value
- Grade diamonds in the D-to-Z color range
- Detect diamond laboratory-grown, treatments, and simulants
- Recognise when advanced testing is required
- Speak the language of diamonds confidently to customers, suppliers, and vendors
Possible Career Paths
Auction House Jewellery Specialist
Jewellery Business Owner
Frequently Asked Question
Diamonds & Diamond GradingJudge and grade diamonds by the 4Cs and color.
Equipment & InstrumentationLearn diamond identification and grading skills GIA graders use.
Treatments, Laboratory-Grown & ImitationsIdentify gemstones that have been laboratory-grown, treated or are imitations.
Markets & Supply ChainsUnderstand how market factors and the supply chain affect value.
Established in 1931, GIA protects the public through gemmological research, education, impartial gem identification and grading services, and instrument development. The world’s foremost authority in gemmology and creator of the 4Cs, GIA sets the standard for determining the quality of diamonds and performs research-based identification of coloured gems and pearls. All of GIA's activities are governed by its mission to serve the public. Learn More