What Will You Learn
- Grade diamonds as per, GIA's grading standards for Color, Clarity, Cut & Carat Weight
- Learn to grade diamonds with the aid of 10x loupe as per market practice
- Learn about diamond treatments for color and clarity such as HPHT, coating, irradiation, fracture-filling, and laser drilling
- Learn and identify the common diamond look-alikes (simulants) such as laboratory-grown moissanite, cubic zirconia, zircon, laboratory-grown rutile, ST, GGG and YAG
- Learn about laboratory-grown diamonds (also known as man-made diamonds)
General Admission Requirements
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have a higher school certificate (H.S.C) / 10+2 or equivalent to be admitted into GIA courses and programmes.
- All classes are taught in English. Proficiency in the English language is required.
Established in 1931, GIA protects the public through gemmological research, education, impartial gem identification and grading services, and instrument development. The world’s foremost authority in gemmology and creator of the 4Cs, GIA sets the standard for determining the quality of diamonds and performs research-based identification of coloured gems and pearls. All of GIA's activities are governed by its mission to serve the public. Learn More