- 10 Dec
Assistant Security Officer / Security Officer
Department: Security Reports to: Manager-Security
Ensure effective safety, security and emergency response by referring given procedures and directions by superiors and by reporting all abnormalities to all concern taking adequate immediate actions.
Physical Security Operations – 40%
- Conducts periodic walking patrols of the facility/premises and designated parking lot(s) as directed by superiors and reports discrepancies.
- Follows all security procedures as directed and complies with all uniform and plain clothes assignments related to the job.
- Assists or escorts, visitors, vendors or clients to/within facility/premises as needed.
- Assists or escorts, housekeeping cleaners for trash handling and storage.
- Monitors and reports any discrepancies of activity viewed on surveillance equipment as needed.
- Maintains safety and security related equipment, procedures and facilities.
Emergency Response Preparedness – 30%
- Maintain thorough knowledge of ‘site emergency response plan’ (GIA and TC-Building) and implement it during emergency situations and mock-drills to ensure life-safety & protection of assets
- Quick & prompt response in all emergency situations (in accordance to SOPs)
- Prompt first-aid assistance to staff & visitors.
- Successfully complete all scheduled safety & first-aid training program.
- Follows and implements all guidelines received from RJC.
EHS – 30%
- Reports all abnormalities, incidents in respect of environment, health & safety promptly and takes immediate actions as per SOP and/or as directed by superiors.
- Follows all safety & health procedures as directed and complies with all assignments related to the job.
- 12th Standard
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in handling safety & security operations.
- Preferred B & C certificate of NCC
Description of Success Factors:
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies and procedures to safeguard people, data and property
- Relevant knowhow of electronic security systems and exposure in responding to emergency situations.
- Experience in handling and resolving emergency incidents
- Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Good written and verbal communication (English preferred)
- Active Listening
- Customer service orientation
- Alertness and attentiveness
- Person with high energy levels and initiative
- Exceptional time management and co-ordination skills.
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure
About the Author
- Trade Shows
- Industry Events
- Industry Outreach
- GIA Knowledge Seminars
- GIA Jewellery Career Fair
- Trade Education Seminars
- Retail Sales Associate Training
- Consumer Education Seminars
- Panel Discussions
- Consumer Connect