- Trade Shows
- Industry Events
- Industry Outreach
- GIA Knowledge Seminars
- GIA Jewellery Career Fair
- Trade Education Seminars
- Retail Sales Associate Training
- Consumer Education Seminars
- Panel Discussions
- Consumer Connect
Assistant Security Officer / Security Officer
Department: Security Reports to: Manager-Security
Job Role:Ensure effective safety, security and emergency response by referring given procedures and directions by superiors and by reporting all abnormalities to all concern taking adequate immediate actions.
- Physical Security Operations – 40%
- Conducts periodic walking patrols of the facility/premises and designated parking lot(s)
as directed by superiors and reports discrepancies.
- Follows all security procedures as directed and complies with all uniform and
plain clothes assignments related to the job.
- Assists or escorts, visitors, vendors or clients to/within facility/premises as needed
- Assists or escorts, housekeeping cleaners for trash handling and storage.
- Monitors and reports any discrepancies of activity viewed on surveillance equipment
- Maintains safety and security related equipment, procedures and facilities
- Emergency Response Preparedness – 30%
- Maintain thorough knowledge of ‘site emergency response plan’ (GIA and TC-Building) and
implement it during emergency situations and mock-drills to ensure life-safety &
protection of assets
- Quick & prompt response in all emergency situations (in accordance to SOPs)
- Prompt first-aid assistance to staff & visitors.
- Successfully complete all scheduled safety & first-aid training program.
- Follows and implements all guidelines received from RJC.
- EHS – 30%
- Reports all abnormalities, incidents in respect of environment, health & safety
promptly and takes immediate actions as per SOP and/or as directed by superiors.
- Follows all safety & health procedures as directed and complies with all assignments
related to the job.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies and procedures to safeguard people, data
- Relevant knowhow of electronic security systems and exposure in responding to
- Experience in handling and resolving emergency incidents
- Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Good written and verbal communication (English preferred)
- Active Listening
- Customer service orientation
- Alertness and attentiveness
- Person with high energy levels and initiative
- Exceptional time management and co-ordination skills.
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure
Education: 12th Standard
Work Experience : Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in handling safety & security operations.
Others : Preferred B & C certificate of NCC
Description of Success Factors: