Learn skills for success in jewellery sales, now from any location.
A foundation in diamonds, coloured stones and jewellery is critical to success at every level of the gem and jewellery industry. The Applied Jewelry Professional™ Intensive – Remote Learning course offers fundamental knowledge in diamonds, coloured stones and jewellery and is a great way to learn skills for success from the front lines of the jewellery industry – the sales counter.
GIA’s Applied Jewelry Professional™ Intensive programme will present topics including jewellery designs, setting styles, jewellery care and other content that will support your product knowledge and provide excellent service to customers. This course also covers about the GIA clarity grading system.
|Learning Mode||Remote Learning|
|Daily Session Duration||3.5 Hours|
Morning: 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Afternoon: 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- The session will be delivered through instructor-led video lessons on Zoom
- Students are required to set up the following infrastructure before the commencement of the course:
- Laptop/tab/desktop with stable internet connection
- Work table with proper lighting
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Describe how the 4Cs (color, clarity, cut, and carat weight) affect a diamond’s value
- Recognise the relationship between size and weight of diamonds
- Explain the differences between treated, laboratory-grown, and imitation stones to sell with full disclosure
- Understand the steps of the jewellery sales process
- Translate jewellery design, style, and manufacturing features into benefits
- Convey the romance, lore, and characteristics of the most popular coloured gemstones
POSSIBLE CAREER PATHS
- Retail Sales Professional
- Jewellery Manufacturer
- Jewellery Retailer and Wholesaler
- Loose Diamond / Coloured Stone Buyers and Sellers
Established in 1931, GIA protects the public through gemmological research, education, impartial gem identification and grading services, and instrument development. The world’s foremost authority in gemmology and creator of the 4Cs, GIA sets the standard for determining the quality of diamonds and performs research-based identification of coloured gems and pearls. All of GIA's activities are governed by its mission to serve the public. Learn more.