- 11 Dec
Application Support Analyst
Department: IT Reports to: Sr. Manager – Infrastructure Services
Responsible for developing, administering and supporting application solutions that are robust, scalable, reusable, and maintainable. Adheres to software development standards in coding and change management of application system life cycle management using Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Code, test, implement, and assist in the design of in‐house software applications to meet both functional and technical requirements.
- Administer Application System for high availability and ensure the protection of enterprise data using backup and restore skills.
- Develop solutions geared towards high performance and loosely coupled services.
- Ensure quality and ease of deployment by writing thorough unit, integration, and end‐to‐end tests.
- Refactor and maintain high standards for the code base.
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating and maintaining standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Review support requests and identify opportunities for preventing common issues.
- Periodically evaluate code and systems for potential improvements and offer automation and tools that can be integrated into existing systems and new initiatives.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies such as daily stand ups, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 3+ years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Building front end or back end systems.
- Experience with version control systems like GItHub, DevOps, continuous delivery, and continuous integration practices.
- Experience with Agile development practices, such as Scrum and Extreme Programming.
- Knowledge of core Microsoft .Net Development Platform is must.
- Experience with SQL and PL/SQL for developing Application Packages.
- Experience with the Administration of MSSQL Server 2008 and above environment is must
Description of Success Factors:
- Flexibility: Flexible to work in 24 X 7 environment
- Problem solving: Identify potential problems, articulate/classify issues and able to determine next steps by referencing existing policies and procedures; apply sound analytical and reasoning skills during the
problem‐solving process; analyze the data gathered and reach a solution or provide a summary for a management decision when required.
- Service oriented: Self‐motivated to meet and exceed customer needs.
- Communication skills: Ability to communicate professionally and collaborate with a diverse group of professionals as well as senior leadership; provide constructive feedback to less experienced staff;
proactively seek guidance and feedback from others or more experienced team members (actively listen and communicate with others in a timely & professional manner). Ability to effectively present technical information.
- Time‐management skills: Approaches work in an organized and systematic manner. Plans work and time effectively to manage conflicting or shifting priorities and achieve goals aligned with the business needs.
- Mentoring skills: Shares and transfers technical knowledge locally and globally when able
- Teamwork: Ability to work effectively individually or in a group setting
- Interpersonal skills: Ability to create positive interactions with colleagues and a team; actively communicate with others, including management, in a timely & professional manner; maintain a collaborative working relationship with others and peers to improve the team performance. Ability to deal effectively with a variety of personalities to establish and maintain effective working relationships with global IT Teams.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Keep up to date with current trends in computing, application architecture, and cloud computing services.
- Advanced knowledge of object‐oriented design patterns, application architecture patterns, and application integration patterns. Knowledge of both relational and non‐relational (NoSQL) databases.
- Strong computer skills utilizing software such as Microsoft Office Suite, e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and e‐mail.
- Knowledge of Help Desk System workflow and Reporting.
About the Author
- Trade Shows
- Industry Events
- Industry Outreach
- GIA Knowledge Seminars
- GIA Jewellery Career Fair
- Trade Education Seminars
- Retail Sales Associate Training
- Consumer Education Seminars
- Panel Discussions
- Consumer Connect