ABOUT GIA WORLDWIDE
- Established in 1931, GIA is considered the world’s foremost authority in gemmology. Present in 13 countries, with 10 campuses, 4 research centres and 9 laboratories analyzing some of the world’s most notable gems.
- GIA is a nonprofit institute dedicated to continuous education and research in the field of gems and jewellery.
- GIA’s mission is to ensure public trust in gems and jewellery by upholding the highest standards of integrity, academics, science and professionalism.
- GIA created global standards to accurately determine diamond quality (4Cs – Colour, Clarity, Cut and Carat Weight), coloured stones and pearls (GIA’s 7 Pearl Value Factors™ – Size, Shape, Colour, Lustre, Surface Quality, Nacre Quality and Matching).
Accomplishing Swift Jewellery Design course from GIA has helped me to enhance my creativity and develop my knowledge, elements which are helpful in liaising with the industry.
SWIFT Jewellery Design,Gujarat
SWIFT JEWELLERY DESIGN
Explore, Create and Inspire.Develop jewellery making and design skills from the experts. This is where you learn to take imagination and transform it into a treasure.
As part of GIA’s SWIFT Jewellery Design course, you will learn the basic principles of design and composition. Understand the role of a jewellery designer, learn the type of settings and representation techniques. Gain the understanding that goes behind designing collections.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Draw basic shapes - freehand and with stencils
- Render diamonds, coloured stones and metal forms with colour pencils
- Learn basic counter sketching of rings, earrings, pendants, necklaces and bangles
- Get insights into manufacturing and pricing of designs
- Learn how to create a mood board, theme board, word board and rendered jewellery pieces
POSSIBLE CAREER PATHS
- Entrepreneurs wishing to build their jewellery business
- Jewellery manufacturers
- Any individual aspiring for a career in the gems and jewellery industry