- Established in 1931, GIA is considered the world’s foremost authority in gemmology. Present in 13 countries, with 10 campuses, 4 research centres, and 9 grading laboratories grading the world’s most important gemstones.
- GIA is a nonprofit institution dedicated to continuous education and research in the field of gems and jewellery.
- GIA’s mission is to ensure public trust in gem and jewellery by upholding the highest standards of integrity, academics, science, and professionalism.
- GIA created global standards to accurately determine the quality of diamonds (4Cs – Colour, Clarity, Cut, and Carat Weight), coloured stones and pearls (7 Pearl Value Factors™ - Size, Shape, Colour, Nacre, Lustre, Surface, and Matching).
The Jewelry design course has influenced me to develop my future in jewellery designing. We got to learn a lot more in detail.
Jewelry Design Certificate, Mumbai
JEWELRY DESIGN CERTIFICATE
Get ready to turn your inspirations into designs with the Jewelry Design course. You’ll learn drafting, shading, design theory, how to illustrate shape and form using several mediums, and more. And you’ll leave with a portfolio of dazzling pieces that will impress employers.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Understand jewellery design concepts acquire a working knowledge of jewellery artistry
- Develop skills to illustrate the shape, form, and texture of metal work with drafting tools
- Use drafting tools to render yellow and white metals, as well as a range of faceted and cabochon gemstones and pearls
- Illustrate rings in five different views discover how to keep your design ideas flowing
- Developing motifs to create jewelry objects
- Render jewelry designs using drafting tools for display as a participant in the final class design exhibition
- Creating a portfolio of class projects and custom designs that is ready for presentation to potential clients and employers
POSSIBLE CAREER PATHS
- Jewellery Designers
- Jewellery Manufacturer
- Any individual aspiring for a career in the gems and jewellery industry
Here are some of the topics covered in the Jewelry Design Program.
illustrate shape and
the texture of metal.
fabrication, custom order,