Accreditation & Affiliation
Programme Calendar & Fees
APPLIED JEWELRY PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM
Without sales, there would be no jewellery industry. A sales associate operates at the frontline, interacting with customers daily, in tune with the needs, desires and motivations of the marketplace. It is no wonder that a healthy understanding of sales, and the selling process, is essential for nearly every career along the gem and jewellery pipeline.
GIA Professional Development course covers essential gemmology and jewellery topics, and provides ongoing education to help develop your career in the gem and jewellery industry.
The GIA Applied Jewelry ProfessionalTM program is designed to prepare you with the essential knowledge needed for the gem and jewellery industry.
- Describing how the 4Cs (color, clarity, cut and carat weight) affect a diamond’s value
- Examining the relationship between size and weight of diamonds
- Exploring the differences between treated, synthetic and imitation stones to sell with full disclosure
- Understanding the steps of the jewellery sales process
- Translating jewellery design, style and manufacturing features into benefits
- Conveying the romance, lore and characteristics of the most popular coloured gemstones
Ideally Suited For
- Jewellery Retailer and Wholesaler
- Retail Sales Professional
- Jewellery Manufacturer
- Loose Diamond / Coloured Stone Buyers and Sellers
- Any individual aspiring for a career in the gems and jewellery industry