About GIA Worldwide
Established in 1931, GIA has since been considered the world’s foremost authority
in gemmology. It is a multinational organisation with presence in 14 countries,
, 4 research centres, and
9 prestigious laboratories
grading the world’s most important gemstones.
- GIA is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to ongoing education and research
in the field of gems and jewellery
- GIA’s mission is to ensure public trust in gems and jewellery by upholding
the highest standards of integrity, academics, science, and professionalism
- GIA created global standards to accurately determine quality of diamonds (4Cs
- Cut, Colour, Clarity & Carat Weight), coloured stones and pearls (7 Pearl Value
FactorsTM - Size, Shape, Colour, Nacre, Lustre, Surface, & Matching).
- GIA has supported the journey of the global G&J industry for over 8 decades
now - whether it is breakthrough gemmological research or unbiased analysis of gemstone
quality or by providing the most respected learning credentials.